Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ultimatums

Lately, I have been thinking about moving back home. My sister is potentially getting a better job opportunity in August, and I don't want to live out here all by myself. I thought that I would be able to move back home, save some money for school, and be closer to my family. I told Sgt Major Jimmy about my thought, and all he had to say was "You know I can't do long distance." That says to me that I can either choose to move back home, be closer to my family, and break up with him or stay here all by myself and stay with Sgt Major. 
To me that sounds like an ultimatum. I don't do well with ultimatums. He doesn't realize that I want to be closer to my family. I want to save money so that I can go to school. I want to be able to see my niece grow up. 
Does that make me selfish? Does that make me a bad person? 
Just because I want to spend more time with my family, doesn't make me a bad person. Just because I want to save more money to go to school doesn't make me selfish. Why must it be one or the other?
As of right now, I don't even care about what position I would have at work. I just want to be near my family, so I can see my niece more often. I miss hanging out with my brother whenever I want. I miss seeing my niece on an almost daily basis. 
I just don't know what to do. I don't want to stay here all by myself. For holidays and birthdays, I would be all alone. I don't see why we wouldn't be able to make a long distance relationship work.
He told me that he wouldn't hold me back from making my life better, but I think being around my family would make my life better. Why must I be faced with an either/or decision? Why can't I have both? 
I wish somebody would just tell me what to do!

No comments: